Monday 4 October 2021

Sikh Armoured Cavalry and Commanders

 More figures prepping for the game at Partizan. 

These first guys are six Sikh Armourd Gorchurra irregular cavalry. Really beautiful models that lend themselves to bright splashes of colour between the armour.

The miniatures are from Wargames Foundry Sikh Wars range and the flag is from Virtual armchair general.
I already have the first four for this regiment so these six will finish the unit off giving me four units of armoured Sikh horse.
I am a little short on commanders so its one of my key painting goals for the game. These three will take me to seven command bases, I reckon I need at least 8.
This first figure is a special from the Studio Minaitures Kickstarter, a single peice casting I did have to swap his sword out. I do like the colours this figures allows you to mix. 

This next is Wargames Foundry, I think initally meant as Dragoon officer, but useful as any commander I think.The orange and blue go well together and its not often I get to paint a load of bright pink.

Lastly a two figure command base, again both are Wargames Foundry althouh the horse on the righ hand figure isnt, not sure where its from. I have another of these Akalis mounted I may use to finis off a light cavalry unit.
I like that this commander has an Akali fanatic as his bodyguard or advisor.

Still a bit more to get done before the game so watch this space. 

I may also give a bit of a write up on my thinking for the game itself and the set up I envisage. 

Until then Stay Safe!


8 comments:

  1. Figures full of bright colours! Love it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bartek, one of the great things about this period is the colour

      Delete
  2. Colorful and gorgeous Sikhs, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The collection is gorgeous and a colourful treat. I hope that you’re going to include a unit of Akali fanatics? Lovely example of an Akali turban in Leeds Royal Armouries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a small unit of Akalisto do Chris, primed but wont be ready for Sunday Im afraid.

      Delete