Friday 6 July 2018

Second Unit of Muslim Hill Tribes

So I have the second of what should eventually be three units of Hill Tribes for the Sikh Wars project. Of course they do lend themselves to what they were designed for, North West Frontier, so may do double duty in our Third Afghan War project at some point.

I found a new paint colour when doing these, fog grey, which is a mildly blue grey from Warpaints. A few of these figures you can see have had a bit of this applied and I like the effect. Again quite a subdued colour, giving a feel of a very washed out light blue.




The flag is again from Virtual Arm Chair General and the figures are all from the old Foundry Afghan Range except the officer who is a Foundry Sikh, I decided not to use the old glory pathan in this unit, not my favourite figure, I have some Sikhs from Old Glory, I find that the Sikh Wars range is one of the better ones in terms of quality and available figures but still not as good as the old Foundry range.

As with the last unit of Hill Tribes I have painted these in batches, allowing me to keep a limited pallete of colours for each batch. I find this works really well for irregular units.

So this gives me almost enough Sikh and Muslim troops for a very small game. Unfortunately the Brits are still way behind. Best get a few painted really! If I crack on with some Bengal Native Foot I could get a Brigade done. Add a unit of Bengal Light Cavalry and a small test game might be possible so perhaps something we will see on table in a few months time. You never know.

See you soon.



16 comments:

  1. Wonderful figures and scenery Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bases !
    We like the face very expressive !
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks L'Empereur, COLOUR PARTY PAINTS LEATHER BROWN AND ecw BUFF.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for tip !
      So dark and detail !

      Delete
    3. cheers I didnt mean to add capitals and SHOUT so sorry about that

      Delete
  3. Nice paintwork the faces have come out outstandingly, this is a project I am planning myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep us informed will be nice to see them.

      Delete