Wednesday 25 July 2018

Workbench Update

Whilst the basing department does her thing, quick update on what else is currently coming off the workbench.

Firstly the Livonian Adelsfana, 8 more of these done to bring it to a unit of 9
Four are the old range from Warfare on new horses, not as good a fit as you might expect but good enough. , I particularly like the Ensign. The bare headed trooper I hadnt realised has a cast on blanket roll, the horses also have a cast on blanket roll, you can hardly tell but it did make me wonder if I had made an error trying to mix them.

These 5 are the new figures, the officer and one trooper from the "at rest" packs.


All based up together they do mix quite well. Although Barry from Warfare has more detail on this on his blog http://leagueofaugsburg.blogspot.com/2018/07/warfares-old-and-new-swedish-cavalry.html

Sticking with the Swedes I picked up a pack of Swedish personalities, this is my favourite Magnus Stenbock, one of the more successful Swedish Generals. I have mounted him on a Generals Horse I picked up some time ago which is suitably heroic.

A pair of Swedes for my next unit, this will be a Tremanning unit and I will make it slightly scruffier than the other, only slightly though, odd different colour gaiters mixed in, different shades of grey coat etc, nothing too drastic!
Next are some Ebor Russian Dragoons Painted as Saxons, I think these will be quite nice when complete.
Their mounted counterparts are below. These are OK rather than ideal but I think will still look the part when I have finished and based them.

And finally I finished a couple of English Calivermen for the Elizabethan Ireland project.
All of the above have now winged over to York for basing, I will be working through the Swedish Tremanning unit next I think followed by the Saxon Dragoons (mounted and dismounted)

I expect my next post will be next week and probably the based and finished Jonkoping regiment.

Thanks for reading see you soon.

8 comments:

  1. Love the cavalry and those Saxon dragoons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Neil, tempted to use the same models with fur hats for Polish Dragoons too.

      Delete
  2. A lot of nice work, Roger. The grey with yellow facing is a smart looking combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, its a nice change to all the blue in the army too.

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking toys Roger...
    The Swedish cavalry are particularly tasty... I like how you have posed on the base.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Aly, trying to do all the Swedish cavalry in this tight chevron formation, it is not that easy but worth the effort I think.

      Delete