Saturday 15 August 2020

First Camel Gun based

I had this idea when thinking how best to use the empress Jingle donated by chum Chris, I decided that these guys were having to man-handle the gun due to the demise of their transport and gun mount, I like the look of this little vignette, pretty much as I imagined it.

I should however apologise for the quality of the pictures, the bright summer sun seems to be washing out a lot of my pictures at present. Some of the later pictures in the series were taken by Sam my daughters Fiancee to see if we could get any better.

The camel was also donated by chums Richard and Andy of Legendary wargames, a spare from their superb Sudan collecction,  https://legendarywargames.com/

The gun model itself is a bit of fun from the Empress Jazz Age Imperialism range and a lovely Paul Hicks sculpt, the Camel a Perry's Sudan model.

Just for a change I did the basing myself on this one.



Its my first use of the tall grass I bought a bit back and I quite like how it has worked, may use some more on other bases.
Chris reckons I need to add a wound to the camel and some blood coming from its mouth, to add so drama to the scene I guess. I am un-decided.

I am pretty happy with how this one turned out even if the photos dont all do it justice. With that in mind I asked the Photography department (Daughters Fiancee) to try a few shots so here they are followed by a last one from my mobile.





This last one taken on my phone is actually amongst the bets of the lot bizarely. Must sort the photography out really.
More Zanbureks to follow at some point, cheers!

16 comments:

  1. Nice work and a fun idea , they would probably provide quite good cover ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, yeah you would hope it would soak up soem fire.

      Delete
  2. Very evocative vignette. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Roj. It's the camel's nuts! What's the long grass made from? :-) Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought bunches of it, will drop you some around next weekend if you wants a try of it, got some good tips on using it from youtube.

      Delete
    2. Cool. I'd love to try some thanks 😊

      Delete
    3. rEMIND ME, WILL STICK THEM IN WITH THE ARLISTS

      Delete
  4. Very inspiring stuff Roger!

    As I indicated somewhere (LAF?), these are a great idea and the idea will be getting 'borrowed' :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea. Something different and will be attract attention during games. I wonder if someone does model of decaying camel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bartek, I think the decaying Camel is beyond my modellign skills.

      Delete