Wednesday 26 August 2020

24th Bengal Native Infantry

I was looking forward to getting this unit back from the basing department, Its the first one with white summer uniform trousers, add to that the white cap covers and white facings and its a really bright looking unit.
The 24th fought in Bolton's first brigade with Harry Smiths Division at Mudki and Hicks brigade at Ferozeshah and Aliwal, fighting alongside the Queens 31st foot and 47th BNI both of which I have painted so that's another historical brigade completed. Brigades did alter slightly so the 47th was in a different brigade after Mudlki.
As usual I have used a mix of manufacturers with Iron Duke Indian Mutiny alongside both the Foundry mutiny and Sikh Wars ranges led by a Perry Carlist Wars officer. Personally I think they all fit nicely and add a bit of variety to the unit which looks very mobile.
As usual the basing department has done a nice job and brightened things up with a little bunch of flowers on one base.
I am really not  a fan of painting white, its boring and difficult to get right, however I may need to convince myself to add a bit more in for the next BNI unit as I do like how they look once complete.
So this takes me to 5 Bengal Native Infantry units, alongside 3 Queens battalions finished, one more BNI battalion and thats the first 3 brigades completed so good progress.
Added to the other units completed we are on track for a pretty decent sized game when we are finally allowed to meet up again.

Thanks for reading all, see you again soon, stay safe.

10 comments:

  1. They look top, Roj. I can only hope that my 12th BNI mutineers, also in white facings, look as good. Cheers, Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure they will Chris, look forward to seeing them.

      Delete
  2. I think they look great, I'm not a fan of loads of white on figures either, that and yellow are my dread uniform colours. They just make painting difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, absolutely, still end result worth it I think.

      Delete
    2. Both tricky colours. Yellow can just be the case of finding a one that covers nicely. White; I always use clean water and try to ensure the brush is clean. Don't want a bit of residual red hiding in the brush...

      Delete
    3. Indeed, I find the yellow I use works well, white is just painful for some reason.

      Delete
  3. A lovely looking unit Roger...
    They real stand out... certainly well worth the effort.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete