Tuesday 3 September 2019

Swedish Schlippenbach Dragoons 2nd Wing

With a unit of Dragoons to paint I decided that Schlippenbachs would get a second wing, straight blue faced yellow and I already have the flag so.......

Another unit I was trying to get over the line before the game this weekend and really pleased I managed to get these finished.

These are all Warfare miniatures and the only unit of Warfare I have done at rest. 8 of these are the new figures with just one of the first ones mixed in for variety. I really like these and tempted to get another unit at some point.
The chap third from right is actually a generic horseman missed in, but I think he looks a good fit.

Schlippenbachs fought in the Baltic but also took part in the Poltava campaign so a useful unit. In the below rear shot you get a good idea of the shallow v formation I put all my Swedish cavalry in. For some reason this was really difficult with this particular unit, There is really only just enough room to fit the figures on the bases and this time I thought I might not manage it, in the end I squeezed them on.

Just one more unit of Swedish horse to paint then all planned 12 regiments will be finished.

Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Neil, the Swedish horse did OK in our game, I am really pleased with the Warfare figures.

      Delete
  2. They're just super, Roj. That the Swedes have a lot of blue faced yellow really helps make for striking wargames figures
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. A masterpiece of cavalry, love the overall effect of the unit, impressive V formation...and wonderful painting of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil you are too kid, thank you I appreciate it.

      Delete