Tuesday 10 September 2019

Swedish Savolax Infantry Battalion

Another unit I wanted to finish for the big game. I had a number of troops in Korpus caps and base coated blue faced red (Thanks Steve). Initially I was going to use these as Narke Varmland but the Warfare figures were a better match with the band around the caps so these ended up spare so I decided to paint them as Savolax as the colour scheme is very similar. Savolax fought mainly in the Baltic and were present at Narva.

The figures are a mix of the Foundry figures in winter gear fleshed out with some Warfare figures and an Ebor commander to lead them into battle.

They all fit together quite well, although I bossted a couple fo the Foundry figures with a bit of plastic so they were a nearer size match for the Warafare figures.
In the below image you can see how I base the foot and the "vurtual" third ranks provided by the drummer and NCO.
Unfortunately they didnt perform too well in the big game, but thats for another post.

More to follow and I will get around to the right up for the big Great Northern War game we played.

One more Swedish battalion and the Swedish foot will be complete.

6 comments: