Tuesday 3 October 2023

Resolve Markers


The Irregular Wars rules requires us to record the resolve of units, which can gradually erode until they break. Similarly James's Midgard rules use Stamina in the same way and this needs to be measured in some way.

James uses innovative magnetic basing but I am not sure thats the way for me.

Initially I had thought casualty markers as below, however these are difficult to read from a distance, easily knocked and, given I need 50 or so, thats a heck of  a lot more figures to buy, paint and base.


A search on ebay showed a different solution, so I am giving these a go and just need to decide what colour they should be, 5 options numbered 1-5 from left to right.


Number 1 is my current favourite and pretty much a match for my basing.
Number 2 is almost the same but slightly darker with just one dry brush.


Number 3 is a base coat with no dry brush at all and probably my least favourite.

Number 4 is black with a quick dry brush to provide somm contrast.
5 is plain black and the one I thought I would like best as it matches the dice. I am not so sure now.

So, thoughts on a postcard, which works best on table?





9 comments:

  1. #1 is my choice, as I think that markers should blend in somewhat with the units and tabletop.

    Interesting markers and I might need to search for them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 here as well. What if you put it on a small square base and put down foliage like the figure bases have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bill food for thought, will try just as No1 for now, all I ahve time for with game this Sunday.

      Delete
  3. #1 looks the bet to me, matching the basing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go for No1, I'd even go so far as adding a little grass to the arrows, to match them even more into your basing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray I will use as No1 for the game on Sunday but might just try a few with grass on see what they look like, cheers.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your input gents, Number 1 it is!

    ReplyDelete