Friday 13 March 2020

First Jacobite Scots for 1745

As I was waiting for the Flags of War Kickstarter to be finalised and dispatched I was having a play around with my Scots figures and movement trays. (As its arrived today I thought I better post this first and then get some pictures of the lovely figures.)
I have finished and based 18 figures now, based individually for Sharp Practice. Ideally I want to be able to use the majority of these figures for Jacobite Lowlanders, Loyalist Scots and even American Militia for the French and Indian War.
I am investing in movement trays, the below 8 figure tray will be the most used but I will need a 12 figure one for the clans. I have lined the first tray with magnetic sheeting and will then add some steel foil to the bases so they dont fall out which will be great for both gaming and storing/moving the figures.
So firstly then an 8 figure Jacobite lowlander unit, four flags of war figures and  Ebor WSS figures with head swaps. 6 of these have white cockades so I cant really use them for anything except Jacobites, the other two are more generic.

So removing the 6 with white cockades and replacing them with more generic figures this unit could be either Jacobite or Loyalist like the Glasgow regiment which saw service in a number of actions.
Swapping out more of the bonnets and replacing them with militia figures in Tricornes and this unit now looks a bit more like the Edinburgh loyalist regiment but again could easily be used as lowland Jacobite and now even a French and Indian War American Militia unit.
The lastly swapping out the tricornes and throwing in a piper this could almost be a Highland Clan unit so I can do a number of different things with a relatively small amount of figures. Well thats the plan anyway.
More updates as I get more complete and when the Kickstarter arrives in Late February/ March.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice and great idea with the movement tray. Gives lots of options

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Neil, still undecided with the British but I like this for the Scots.

      Delete
  2. What Roger painting men in skirts only men born in Scotkand should do that not you good Yorkshire folk!!!!@@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aH BUT i WAS BORN IN sCOTLAND AS IT HAPPENS jERRY SO i MA ok.

      Delete
  3. Lovely unit and base, great job Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Roj. I admire your multi-use approach. Getting the most out of your minis. I like your shouty response to Jerry too lol :-P Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SERVES HIM RIGHT! Ha tight Yorkshire man coming out in my and wanting my monies worth from the figures.

      Delete