Friday 2 March 2018

El Cid Catalan Knights a late addition

So as we were getting near to the big game I had painted all the extra units I hoped to but also got a couple of Knights for the next unit done and sent off with the basing department. The horses were half painted so  thought maybe I could get the last four figures finished and painted ready for the game.

Having painted 2 more when the basing department came home and dropped off the finished goodies, she kindly half based this and a couple of other bits, so I cracked on with the last two and based these myself. I wont embaress myself by asking you to guess who's are who's, she is at leats as good as me these days.

Anyway this meant I had an extra unit which was just as well as a couple of players were unable to make it on the day so everything extra was a bonus,

I particularly like these guys and I think they look very Spanish with the cloth around the helmets and the mix of horses.

I have again used red and gold as these will join Count Berengers of Barcelona's forces.

A mix of different figures but mainly Gripping Beast.


I do enjoy trying to come up with different shield designs but keeping the colour schemes the same, photos are a bit all over as my light stand snapped and I was balancing a light in one hand and the tablet in the other.



Very happy with these although they didnt see much action on the day unfortunately.

This should be the last of the El Cid for a little while as I hope to get stuck back into the Great Northern War again. Chum Steve has kindly base coated a unit of Swedes, an ebay purchase is providing me with another 2 battalions and the Warfare Swedish Cavalry is due soon.

We may even do a game for GNW in March.

Thanks for reading see you soon.

8 comments: