Wednesday 3 July 2024

More Poles in 1919 Uniform

So I am finding that despite my gut injury, dislocated finger and broken glasses I am making some progress with the Poles.

Firstly a gun, a German 75mm with a crew of Woodbine Turks with a mix of Woodbine and Studio Siberia heads. 

Happy with this one although the gun is a little light , I may consider a wash to add some definition. Otherwise happy with this.
As with the other troops so far these are a mix of Studio Siberia and Woodbine miniatures. Despite the size difference I am really happy with the result. The Officer is Siberia and troopers are all Woodbine Turks in this shot.
Again mainly woodbine, the guy at the back with the grey coat is Studio Siberia. The head mixes work really well I feel.
Lastly a command group, both Studio Siberia figures, flag is from flags for the lads. Particularly like the officer.
The flag I understand is somewhat speculative but based on period paintings. Anochronistic but adds something I think.
To add to my armour I got a Laffly White Armoured car, this one is painted in French cammo and was commissioned with Richard Croisdale who does a fab job with vehicles.
The Poles will have 3 or so armoured cars, much more than the Russian forces I usually allow.
Just 9 more Poles to finish this battalion. Very good progress, hope to have this completed by the end of July.

I hope to have more for you in due course, the project is moving along at a decent clip now. As always thanks for stopping by.


9 comments:

  1. Lovely work on these all once again Roger, your use of the Woodbine figures is a very clever way to add some variety to the collection, rather than having to rely solely on Siberia Miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the car seems to be a ww2 version so inaccurate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on these Roger

    ReplyDelete