Monday 18 December 2023

More 40's from the workbench

Whilst I am not able to do much in the way of painting I can do a little in the back ground and as the Spanish 40mm in particular are part painted it makes sense to try finish a few of these off.

Five of these are the part painted Tony Runkee figures and the other two were bought painted off ebay that I have repainted.

The building is another of the lovely Old Glory resin buildings with courtyard added by my good friend Chris Charlton.


For these the guys the highlights all needed doing, in particular the white and also the last layers of flesh and metal work. Still though a quick turnaround with these lovely figures.

With these two I essentially used the painting already there as a base coat applied washes and revisited just about everything, still though it speeded the process up, I generally dont leave 5 o'clock shadow on figures but it worked with these two based on what had already been done so I decided to leave it.
The Foundry armed Monks are lovely but I am not sure I can use all three of this firing figure. Lets see once they are all done.
These last few are a different camera, on this occasion the old camera seems to be better, a lot depends on the light. The Sergeant gives me 4 red faced Spanish.
These guys take me to 13 finished for the Zaragossa regiment so not far off half way.




I have also had chance to make a decent start on the Piano Wargames 3D printed Hessians.
8 figures, if the officer seems slightly over sized he is. First attempt at printing they came out a bit large, I decided to use the officers anyway, being on separate command bases the size difference is less obvious.
You get a feel here for how much bigger the officer is. I do like this NCO with his large moustaches.
A real mix of trouser and shako cover colours, there will be a theme through the unit though of blue and brown trousers with a yellow seem tying the basing together.


Pretty happy with how these came out and plenty more to do. 

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed Roger…
    I really must do more 40mm for my collection… they are such lovely figures.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be working on mainly 40mm for the next few weeks at least with a plan to create a Spanish brigade and a decent number of the 3d printed Hessians for a game early next year.

      Delete
  2. Just love this collection and I know you do too. Great minis. Merry Christmas mate. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris, yes I do love the 40mm, have agreat Christmas mate

      Delete
  3. Another outstanding bunch Roger and you have every reason to be pleased with them!

    ReplyDelete