Monday 3 April 2023

Latest Workbench 40mm Skirmishers & Goats

 With the British Line well underway I wanted some more skirmishers. I already have 3 French  ready so need a further three to make up a unit.

All of these are Perry miniatures.


Ilike using this building for the photos it gives a bit of atmosphere, its an ol Old Glory model, 25mm but a very large 25mm which I think goes well with these figures.
I have a few of this figure to paint so he will feature in my Ligne Voltiguers, my Legere and my Paris Municipal Guard skirmishers too. Various colours of trousers and jacket will hopefully blend him in a bit.
This chap in his sleeved waist coat could fit with a number of units but may end up with my Paris Municipal Guard who I expect to be something of a scruffy lot. The Olive trousers are a bit different whilst still being in keeping with the rest of the figures.
I particularly like the colour scheme on this chap, the Oliver green for his Shako cover works well and the buff linen trousers I particularly like.

As well as French I now have some light infantry for the British line too.

A nice selection of poses for the lights, all are Perry's figures of course. I already have a sergeant, so a unit of 6 with 2 commanders once these are based.
I comfortably have enough for another 2 units of six and a further leader or two. Pleased with how these came out.

Livestock is going to be useful in Sharp Practice games as will baggage, these goats are from Irregular Miniatures. Probably the best of the livestock they do.
Whilst all 4 of these are the same model hopefully a different pant job on each makes that less obvious. Cattle and Sheep to follow soon.
I will share the based final figures in due course. Thanks for stopping by.


8 comments:

  1. You're right that the building helps create a wonderful atmosphere. Your collection continues to expand. Thanks for sharing
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stephen, you know how it goes, already reached the expected sizr of project and I continue to buy and expand.

      Delete
  2. Some more lovely additions to this ever expanding Sharpe Practice collection, Roger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers feels like its coming together now.

      Delete
  3. Lovely work. So what rules are we going to use once this becomes far too big a collection for SP?! Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The very question I am currently asking myself. 5 battalions per side?

      Delete