Friday 17 March 2023

Mongolians Completed

After the recent big game I decided I need to finish off my Mongolians for the Mad Baron.

As part of this I have rebased two leaders, one of which is the Mad Baron himself and then added a third leader on foot. All three are Copplestone Castings.

With the below you can see the outer two figures are Fireforge Mongolians and the inner two rebased Copplestone. The right hand figure has a modern rifle slung over his back to add some modern context.
With the next six 4 are Copplestone and the 4th and 5th from left are Fireforge plastic, they mix in reasonably well.
The figure with his bow raised is my favourite of the Plastic Mongolians.
These will all come in handy in finishing off the civil war collection.

More to come Im sure.


11 comments:

  1. Great work on thes figures Roger and mixing in the Fireforge figures to add some variety is a clever idea. I have often thought, the same could probably be done with Cossack horsemen for the period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think earlier cossacks would certainly work as Partisans and Anarchists with the addition of modern rifles.

      Delete
  2. Fine work Roger. I should add, as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done and interesting to see the fire forge and copplestone mixed in๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look splendid, mate. Getting close to a finished collection? I need to get my finger out and build/paint my Chinese aircraft! As ever, your kit inspires. Cheers Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, nearest I have to a finished collection. A unit of foot Cossacks and some command bases to do. Oh and of course a whole Polish army, thats for another day though.

      Delete
  5. Perfectly done ,to be led to their Deaths by the Annointed One..

    ReplyDelete