Wednesday 1 March 2023

British 40mm Peninsular Additions

 Our recent game inspired me to paint up a few more British for this project.

The British troops are the ones I have most left to do with so will be nice to have enough to add to the game. These guys are the 88th Connaught Rangers, also know as the Devils Own.

The Perrys only made the one marching figure for the line which is a shame as I do like variety in a unit.
So its one figure with 4 head variants. Variety only provided by command figures.

Different coloured trousers are about all I can do to give them a slightly different look plus hair colour too I suppose.
The Sash and Sabre figures have a lot more variety but dont mix with these guys, a different build but also a different cut of uniform so not a good mix in the same company.
A lot more of these to come, I expect to have 40 for the line companies and maybe 3 groups of 6 skirmishers for the light company.
As I already have the base with the colours, I need another 4 figures to give me a formation of 2 groups, these chaps are just the ticket with the drummer providing much needed variety of pose.
As I am making progress with the units its also time to start thinking about what else can add some fun to the games, farm animals to steal and baggage to loot will be really useful, so here is the first one in the form of a pack pony.
This is an irregular miniatures casting and is very nice, The figures from their 40mm range are not a good match for Perry's being much much more toy soldiers but the animals provide a welcome addition.

Hopefully have a few more in due course.

10 comments:

  1. More nice additions Roger - do Front Rank do 40mm Napoleonic's (I know they do AWI) Perhaps you could add some variety through them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not, I think I have all the variety I can get from existign ranges, wondering whether 3d printing may allow me some options.

      Delete
  2. The Brits are a welcome addition to the collection. They just need the right commander 😭

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspired by you, just finished painting my 54mm Napoleonic Poles (I should put them soon on my blog, just need some last touch). Anyway, your new figures look amazing! Yep, in this scale, a variety of figures is the very important thing. Hope you will find a new source (I also consider 3d prints of the existing 28mm sets).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bartek, wondering if I can buy an STL file but then get them cast in metal. Apparantly there is a company that does it. Fancy soem Hessians and soem Brunswickers

      Delete
    2. In my opinion too much hassle with casting in metal 3d prints. The resin becoming better and harder right now. Also, it becomes more elastic, so the usual problem with breaking stuff is passing away.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Bartek, will keep that in mind and may give some figures a try.

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking new figures Roger…
    I always forget that Irregular make 40mm animals and accessories… a mule train would be an interesting feature to have…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont forget Sash amd Sabre do a mule train, justpicked one up so...

      Delete