Monday 25 July 2022

40mm Peninsular French

Having got a few other 40mm completed I was really keen to get some more French Ligne so I could add another unit taking them to 32.

These 3 in habit give me 4 in total, the other half of this group will be in sleeved waistcoats.


Two advancing, I have another of these already painted so may only use one of them.

The left figure is the first of this one I have painted, lovely figure, I do have another to do at least I think. I probably dont need both of these to finish the Ligne group.

These last two French Ligne are actually Spanish figures with French Shako's, the packs, muskets and waistcoats are essentially the same so why not include a couple of guys who have replaced their worn out trousers with breaches and sandals. Particularly like these guys.

So next I have decided my focus needs to be on some cavalry, adding a different dynamic to our games, heres the first French Hussar.
I've gone with the 4th Hussars, they served in Spain and I like the colour scheme. 
I think Cavalry for both sides needs to be my next task so we have something different to add into our games. The British will have light Dragoons, this should be interesting as Perrys only do 2 figures one loading mounted the other firing mounted and really I want my Dragoons with swords for the most part. Lets see how I get on.

Well thats it for now, more to follow. Thanks for reading and see you soon.


8 comments:

  1. Lovely figures again Roger - every time I see one of these posts, I think "40mm....Hmmmm.....!" So far, I have managed to resist the butterfly call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Bartek. Good progress on the 40mm I think.

      Delete
  3. Lovely stuff Roj. Be nice to see such showcase cavalry in action. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I wish they were affordable here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have Sash and Sabre and 1st Legion over the pond. Perhaps not quite as nice but still nice.

      Delete