Thursday 20 May 2021

More Sikh Wars Goodies

I have thoroughly enjoyed painting these Sikh Wars figures. Its such a diverse and colourful period with a bit of sub plot too with the addition of the Bahawalpur contingent.

These next guys are painetd as the 1st Bengal European Light Infantry, not an exact match for uniform but not far off, the shoulder wings the main difference. Using Foundry Opium War and Perry First Carlist War British infantry. The bell top shakoe's look great. The Foundry figures have shell jackets and the Perrys coatees but you cant tell on the bases so I am pretty comfortable mixing them. I have no doubt that Mike Snook will release properly uniformed versions of these in due course and I will kick myself but until then.......

I already have the next batch of these on the painting table so hopefully not too long before I can share them with you.
These two Officers are actually a commission, I dont normally do commissions but did these as a favour, quite liked them so including them here for you.
The irregulars are also carrying on in the back ground in this case a Foundry Afghan and a Perry Plastic swordsman with a Sikh head.
Lovely dynamic figures these, I dont get tired of painting them which is probably why I have so many.
This next lot are my green coated Sikh unit. The two Foundry command figures are accompanied by three Perry plastics with Sikh heads, I think they look spot on myself and mix in really well.
The red and green is a classic Indian combination, really enjoying these and as with the BELI I already have the next batch on the painting table, this is probably the next unit I will target for completion.
I also want to keep a little momentum with the Baluchi figures for my Bahawalpur contingent so two more here, using a buff and orange pallette but these will be very irregular as a unit so different palletes as I do more.
 
As with the other Baluchis and Pathans they will be useful for the Sikh side when I need them and a multitude of other colonial games too of course. 
Lastly another commander for the British, each Brigade will need an officer so eventually that will be 8 brigadiers plus the army commander so a few more to complete.

An Iron Duke officer on a British Offciers horse. nice figure, not sure I have entirely done the horse justice on this occasion.
Thats it for now, lots more already started so watch out for another update shortly, until then stay safe!

10 comments:

  1. No stopping you now lovely work and good progress ….my favourite must be the green Sikh unit 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Matt, the Green Sikhs are pretty nice, just finishing off the last of them now to share.

      Delete
  2. Smashing stuff Roj. The Foundry and Perry figures mix really well to create the Bengal Europeans. It matters not about the shoulders and mix of coats n jackets. Indians look great. So much playing potential!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the 1830's bell topped shako is a particularly attractive piece if headgear ...I also used the Perry Carlist War Brits for my (uncompleted) 1839 Afghan project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, you will have to crack back on with those Afghans now.

      Delete
  4. I think I will have to move back to colonial figures as well (we play Sudan a lot), as one of our fellows sold his entire collection and is not available for us anymore. Love the look of your Afghans. You need more of them, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need? Yes your right Bartek I need more, reckon I have at least another 2 units of 20 to paint yet then re-evaluate.

      Delete