Wednesday 12 May 2021

Based Sikh Wars


 So I am still waiting for a bunch of basing back from the basing department, but in the interim I decided to base a few up myself. 

These two Sikh generals I am really pleased with, both Foundry miniatures the chap on the right is riding a riders of rohan horse which I think works well for India.

I ave purposely gone for a diverse and particularly bright pallete with these two and I am pretty pleased with the outcome.
To support the larger units I am doing a number of small skirmish screens, this one will be the second Hill Tribes irregular skirmish screen.
The Hill Tribes will be really useful for multiple different periods but can also operate on both sides in the second Sikh War in particular where many Muslim Hill Tribes threw in their lot with the local British policital aganets againts the Sikh Khalsa.
This base of Sikh light cavalry finishes off another part complete unit, I particularly like the colour pallette on these two.

This next one is the completed unit of Sikh regulars with the Patka topknot turban. I think the mix of colours works really well. 
As mentioned in previous posts there is a school of thought that the flags here are incorrect and the Sikhs carried red and gold Rajas colour which was the same for all units, howeverin te absence of any commerically available versions of this and not having seen the evidence for it myself  I will use the ones I have for now. 
Thd majority of these figures I picked up from chum Colin and were part of the original Studio Miniature Kickstarter.

The Bugler is one of the few figures that are more recent additions since the range was upsated, the sculpting is lovely but the figure is noticably larger than the originals and therefore much larger than the other figures I am using. You will see the drummer and standard bearer are actually Wargames Foundry 25mm figures.
A rear shot of the unit to give us a final feel for the overall look of them. Again happy with these.
I dont really enjoy the basing so hoping that the basing department can get back into things with the relaxing of lockdown restrictions and I can share some more completed units in due course.

Until then Stay Safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment