Saturday 30 May 2020

Sikh Wars British 31st Huntingdonshire Foot

Image result for 31st foot regiment sikh wars


Another unit brought back by the basing department before lockdown, these guys are the 31st Huntingdonshire Foot. A buff faced unit these are Wargames Foundry from the Sikh Wars range. I also used half a dozen Perry Carlist war figures to flesh this unit out and add some variety. They mix in quite well though you can tell which are which. I love how dynamic this unit is.

This regiment fought in Afghanistan in 1842 as part of Pollocks avenging army and all four major engagements of the first Sikh War, so a perfect unit for both Wars.

At Mudki the 31st were in Sir Harry Smiths First Division in Boltons first Brigade with the 24th and 47th Native Foot. The latter a unit I already have painted and based ready to join the fray with the rest of their Brigade and the 24th is another one I plan to complete, probably the next in line I think to give me two historically complete brigades.

Another unit of these figures to follow at some point, ideally though more Sepoys first.

Thanks for reading.

19 comments:

  1. Look really good. I am always a sucker for redcoats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Andy, more to come at some point. Both sides in this conflict have redcoats so should be ideal!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous looking stuff Roger.

    A great idea to add some PM Carlist War Brits to add variety, something I for one would not have thought of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair a chum had passed me a couple of spares and I was already lookign at the BAL command as a good fit (will also be getting their rocket)

      Delete
  3. Great work Roj. They look super. These guys will definitely carry the day. I look forward to seeing you order them to charge! Do I have your Osprey First Sikh War book? Noticed it today. Cheers, Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure Chris, I dont think so but will check.

      Delete
  4. Very nice Roger. That's a good blue you have used on the trousers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, one of my favourite colours this one its field blue by Colour Party paints, perfect for the blue grey I am using for the British and HEC troops.

      Delete
  5. Those are terrific, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A splendid looking unit Roger...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking unit Roj - full of movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the things I really like about these Steve.

      Delete
  8. A very nice looking unit Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Cheers Jean, I do quite like this one myself.

      Delete