Tuesday 19 June 2018

15th Century Men at Arms

I have my first Perry plastic knights back from the basing department. These are the first medieval's I have done for many years and the first Wars of the Roses figures ever I think.  I hope at some point to be able to put a company together to use with small scale rules like Lion Rampant, possibly for Italian Wars rather than England, although they will alos be able to do service against my Irish who of course fought in the Wars of The Roses.

To that end I have a single sprue of all the English and European troops from this particular range to have a bit of fun with.

For now happy enough just to enjoy painting them



I wanted these guys to come out uber shiny in polished white metal, I think thats accurate but either way thats what I wanted to achieve and I happy with the result.

Four layers to the steel as it happens I hope I have captured the depth I wanted.
These two guys are my favourites with their closed down helmets. The Perry's have done a fantastic job with the dynamism of the figures.
I am less happy with the depth of colour in the Jupons, I wanted a plain red so thats fine but I still feel something is lacking.Maybe its just me.
These last two look particularly English to me and again I do like how they have turned out.


So thats it, just six of them but plenty more to follow including mounted men at arms on armoured horses.

See you soon.

10 comments:

  1. They look superb and so heavy, lovely armors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, I was thinking about the old film Excalibur when I did them!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, some terrific work on these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan 3-4 layers, the last one being a Uniball signo pen in Silver.

      Delete
  4. Armor is SO shinny that I am blinded!

    Good job painting! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stew, that was the idea of cours.

      Delete