Ken has been collecting some of the Fire Forge crusaders and Saracens quiteley in the back ground and as we had a free night and I had just finished soem arab cavalry we decided a quick test game might work, Steve brought along hs own Teutonic Knights and Seargens along with some earlier figures to use as Poor Knights and we were off.
We had just over 2 hours and only played the very basic rules so we could get a handle on the mechanics.
Initial observations then:
1. They worked well enough for me to give them another go.
2. Heavy Knights are very tough (as expected)
3. Muslim troops have lots of archers which can be quite effective.
4. Muslim Light Cavalry does not do well when it charges Heavy Knights
5. You need a lot of Saracens to take on the Christian Heavy Knights in particular
All pretty much as you might expect, the slightly more advanced rulles allow for a lot more character so I look forward to using those.