Saturday 10 December 2022

More Completed Figures for The Russian Civil War

 The recent playtests of Triumph of The Will have inspired me to try finish off the few outstanding figures for this collection.

The photos are not coming out as well as I would like with the natural light poor as we go into winter, so these Shkiro's wolves Cossacks haven't come out great.

These are mainly STP miniatures from a couple of packs but mainly the Shkiro's Wolves pack. The Cossack on the extreme right is probably my favourite.

A couple of these have been done for a while so nice to get the unit finished.
I had enough White infantry to complete another unit. I decided these would be less colourful than some of the others I have done and more in line with how they probably looked in action.
I really like the less colourful approach with these, maybe I should have done more like this? The Lewis Gunner and the firing figure centre of left stand are STP the rest are Copplestone.

More Partisans, you have already seen the three figure bases in these pictures. The extra two bases of 2 allows me to create two units of 7
The command base has 2 Copplestone figures the rest are STP from their Makhnovist pack.
Again the command base was already done, all of these are STP, the  Makhno pack has a few sailors in, Ukranians from the old imperial Black Sea fleet.
Although designed as Ukranian anarchists these could really be any partisan unit we like so will see plenty of action

And just so you dont think I am forgetting the 40mm project, here are the first of my Connaught Rangers.



More to come for both these projects. Thanks for stopping by.


20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Neil, few more to come, very near completion.

      Delete
  2. Great additions to RCW collection. And usual high standards. Excited to see start of British line for 40mm. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice STP figures for the RCW there Roger. They seem to match pretty well for size with Copplestone? The ones I got (Reds in greatcoats) were a bit on the big side, I felt, so I kept them in a seperate unit of their own.
    The 40mm Napoleonics are excellent work too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely enough I find them to be slimmer and the horses slightly smaller, they mix well generally but Iput the Cossacks in seperate units. Either way very nice figures.

      Delete
  4. Lovely stuff as Keith has mentioned the STP and copplestone seem to match which is good to see. My favourite are the Cossacks 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stuff Roger..
    You have certainly been productive.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly a few more to share ahead of the big RCW game.

      Delete
  6. Lovely work as always Roger. I especially like the Lewis gunner with the box. A man after my own heart. Getting down on the floor is hard these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I know that feeling, think I would be looking for a chest High set of drawers so I dont do my knees in getting up personally.

      Delete
  7. Fantastic additions to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I really like the dynamic appearance of your units.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks very much Brent some nice sculpts, almost paint themselves, almost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely figures, every time I see your 40mm figures I'm very tempted to invest in some Gringo 40's US- Mexico War range

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gringo 40s have some lovely figures, maybe get a couple to paint up and see how you feel? I find 40mm easier and not much more time consuming than 28mm.

      Delete