Sunday 30 October 2022

More completed Spanish and French 40mm Peninsular

Surprisingly I have been able to keep the momentum with the 40mm project, the wargames butterfly content to flit between units.

So some completed units to share with you that will have their first outing on the table in due course.

A fifth group of Spanish for Regiment Hibernia. Tried to create more variety for the overall formation with this group.

Three of these figures are French ligne in sleeved waistcoat's but with Spanish heads. The two advancing poses mean that there are now figures other than just marching mixed in.
Whilst only two are in uniform I added two in Bonnet De Police to add some colour. Two of them have been cast with blankets thrown over their shoulders which again adds to the diversity of the overall unit. Very happy with these guys.
Sticking with the Spanish, these two bases will be added to a pair of armed Monks to create another skirmish unit taking me to three. All Sash and Sabre, I like the leader figure best from these.
The leader is also my third so a leader for each skirmish group.

Then a third group of Legere skirmishers. A couple of these have some conversions by Ian Smith, two others I picked up from a fellow wargamer already painted, I generally don't buy painted figures but these are very nice and a decent fit for my own figures.

Lastly a couple of Legere leaders, nice couple of figures these which pretty much finishes off my Company of Legere skirmishers.

I spotted these when Simon Walker brought his Mauri collection to Steves for a game. The idea being its easier to keep a track of which leader is which. I have 1-9 for both sides. Red and Blue.
Heres how it looks with a leader Institue. Produced by sabotag3d they were happy to do these to my size requirements (30mm)
Here are three of the reds to give you an idea.

So there you go three more groups for the project and we get a bit closer to finishing off this collection. 

Thanks for stopping by, catch you soon.

10 comments:

  1. Another lovely batch of figures, Roger. The 40mm collection must be reaching decent size by now...time for a small test game, maybe??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we have had a couple of games already, got another booked this week so watch out for the write up.

      Delete
  2. Nice mate. The Spanish line are probably my favourite unit too. Great, colourful unit. In 40mm they’re extra special. Blue of the French lights is really nice. Pops. Artistry 👍🏻 Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And SP numbered leader bases is a top player aid

      Delete
  3. Agree about player aids, more the merrier, keep the table lookign good whilst keeping us on top of the game

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely toys Roger…
    I particularly like the colour combination on the Spanish Infantry…
    Another idea that I my borrow/steal from you.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best form of flattery Aly, look forward to seeign the result

      Delete
  5. They look sensational!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete