Tuesday 9 November 2021

More Bahawalpur Contingent Baluchi Matchlocks for the Sikh Wars

 I really enjoyed painting this particular unit.

I am particularly pleased that although there is a very strong colour theme there is lots of variety in the colours, especially with the commander.

I may already have mentioned that Bahawalpur was mainly Baluchi from a tribal persepctive with a large Pathan minority, so having the vast majority of these guys as Baluchi from Foundrys Darkest Africa Range fits really well.
There are a couple of Empress Indian Mutiny Pathans in there too but they mix really well. The flag is one of those in the Perry Plastic Afghan box.
The different poses added to the different colour shades enhances the irregular look I think. I particularly like how the commanders dress stands out but is still in keeping with his men.


More to follow thanks very much folks.

18 comments:

  1. Very,very nice Roger. Great use of shades of blue and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you OB funny thing is I have done three units of Machlocks in uniform coats and these were more of a whim but seem to have worked.

      Delete
  2. I do like those, the different shades of blue are very effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it may be my new favourite shade...orvariety of shades

      Delete
  3. They look superb, I second Peter, these blue shades are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid looking unit,lovely range of colours!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab stuff Roj. The variety of shades works really well. The red flag contrasts nicely but the central device sits well with the turbans. It’s art done well, my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly more bu accident than planned but thank you I am quite chuffed with these.

      Delete
  6. Very nice brushwork- the colours look really great- lovely figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much John, muchly appreciated

      Delete