Wednesday 24 November 2021

40mm Peninsular Update

 I am really enjoying these guys, the Rifles of course, being simple, are getting completed ahead of others but still good progress.

So this weeks progress has been 7 rifles and 3 French, all three French still being Voltigeurs. I am still a way of painting the line infantry so far.
The three French represent a degree of progress in that at least I am painting some French. 
I am keen that these remain pretty varied so three different trouser colours with these, the sleeved waistcoats are a slightly whiter white, I particularly like this head with the neck flap. Hard to think this is the same figure with the arm added by chum Chris and the different heads.
I particularly like this chap in the bonnet de police. The Spanish come with a bunch of these so I will mix the odd one into the French and possibly even the Hussars.
Four more firing rifles, I am adding some different shades to the trousers to give me some variety when I come to pick those that stay and those that go. It occured to me that I might slacken off on the quality when I didnt think figures would be used but the standard is still the same really and happy with these guys.
The next three add some variety the advancing figure in particular I have not used before. Trying a different colour handkerchief around the neck of the right hand two, orange, undecided if it has worked well, not enough contrast with the red collar really.

The box of painted 40mm is starting to look something like now. Still a lot more firing 60th than anything else though.
Before posting this I was also able to finish off some Spanish, a Priest, a Guerillero and the first of my Spanish regulars.
I'm really happy with these, the Guerillero's rakish hat looks great and sets him apart from the same figure I have painted with a Bicorne, the Priest has worked well too. The regular is of the Hibernia regiment of Irishmen. I like the colour combo but also the idea of using an Irish unit, which is straight out of Sharpe. These will be a fairly untidy bunch when I get stuck into them.

So again, happy with this progress, a bit more focus on the French skirmishers then I can start to get some line units started so we have rounded forces to play with.




7 comments:

  1. Love em. And it is clear how much you’re enjoying painting them 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris, its taking on life of its own.

      Delete
  2. That scale looks tempting a lot! Fantastic job on those guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bartek, its a lovely scalle, probably best fit for skirmish.

      Delete