Friday 19 November 2021

42nd Bengal Native Infantry Complete

 Another unit back from the basing department. Complete with a Brigade commander too.

This commander is actually a Perry Carlist Wars British officer but fits perfectly with the Sikh Wars figures. Its a particular favourite of mine.

I have mixed a few of the Perry Carlist War figures in, I think they fit really well, obviousley in style given they have the same sculpters, but also not too much bigger than the older stuff.
So to the 42nd, these fought in both Sikh Wars and start off a new Brigade for me, Pennys, I will need the 50th foot and the 48th BNI to support them at some point. Four different ranges on this command base. Front left another Perry Carlist Wars Officer, front right is Foundry Sikh Wars drummer, to the back at the left is actually a Perry Plastic British Napoleonic ensign with a Sikh Wars head swapped on and next to hm an Empress standard bearer.
There is some debate about whether the Sepoys had reversed colours for musicians, clearly these guys havnt and it may be that some units did and others not so a couple of my units will have reversed colours.

My light company are in green which is also debatable, the Sepoys were still moving to rifle companys with baker rifles and green uniforms at the start of the mutiny but I think it makes a nice addition.
The rank and file of this unit are a mix of Empress Mutiny Sepoys and Foundry Sikh Wars chaps, they fit quite nicely despite the disparity in age of the castings. I really like using the mix of manufacturers.
I think these guys came out ok, they will get their second outing at Partizan shortly for our demo game.



These chaps fought in all of the engagements of the First Sikh War, I beleive they were also at the Siege of Multan in the second Sikh war but dont seem to have fought in the other major engagements. Either way a very useful unit.

Happy with those, now whats next?


17 comments:

  1. They look very nice indeed and I agree about the Perry Carlist War figures...I used a few for an abortive (uncompleted) 1839 First Afghan War project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, yes that would work really well I reckon, timelines are about right Uniforms pretty much bang on

      Delete
  2. A M A Z I N G !!! It looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handsome uniforms and paint job, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy following this story because in a smaller way I am using Sikh Wars figures [and Opium Wars and Perry Cape Wars] for my Carlist wars British Auxiliary Legion. Not all the figures work but there are rich seams for the 1830s. I look forward to seeing more.
    all the best
    Stephen
    p.s. the unit looks splendid of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephen, I really enjoy creatign variety by mixing ranges, a lot of them work really well together as you have pointed, cheers.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful animation in that unit. Super dooper paint job 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb figures! Am intrigued by the style of painting, the highlighting is amazing as is the subject and like the Regiment size as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks very much Christopher

    ReplyDelete