Thursday 11 February 2021

Workbench update for Sikh Wars

 A bunch more figures off the workbench this week. Really pleased with the progress over recent weeks. Mainly regulars to start completing or partially completing some units for basing.

Regular readers will know that the butterfly in me has a tendancy to flutter from one project to another so its nice to see this project getting lots of attention and progress even if it is bits of units here and there.

First figures are Bengal Sepoys, all three Foundry from the Sikh Wars range and very nice too. This takes this unit well over half way, I will add a couple of Iron Duke flank company figures to this.

This senior officer will command one of my Brigades, he is a Perry First Carlist War British Officer and fits in really well.
The frock coat is typical but most officers would have worn forage caps for comfort, this Shako though adds something a little different to the figure.
As I already have two figures painted for ths units of Bengal Native Light Cavalry these Iron Duke figures take the unit over the half way finished mark. One rider in this pack comes with a turban oddly, with all the rest in forage caps, clearly he needed a head swap so I swiped an Indian Mutiny gunners head, the buglers horse is from Musketeer miniatures the other three are Iron Duke/Empress.
These Irregulars are Skinners horse and again I already have two so another unit over half complete. I had a little fun with these, most were donated by chum Chris Charlton (Cheers Chris) they were however not quite the correct figures for skinners, rather than replace them with the correct figures I greenstuffed sashes for them which I think look quite nice.
The lance armed Sowar is actually an old wargames foundry figure I picked up, again the addition of a greenstuff sash and I am really happy with him, the shield just adds to the irregular look. 
These seven Sikhs finish off the latest battalion of Sikh regulars. Happy with these. Nice and bright but contrast with the other unit colour schemes.

The full battalion will wing its way to the basing department when lockdown restrictions permit me to see my daughter again. Hopefully there will be lots of based figures coming back to West Yorkshire to photograph and share with you at the same time.
The first Bahawalpur regiment is also complete and ready more the trip to York for basing.  The end result here is exactly as I had imagined with a variety of shades of colour but still general uniformity across the unit.

Hopefully the next workbench update might see a finished Cavalry unit, maybe even two!

Stay safe.

 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful minis Roj. Love the pink (?) turbans on the Khalsa infantry. Skinner’s Horse are a great subject to paint. You’ve done them justice. The Bahawalpur regt look mean as well as beautifully painted. Top, top, top 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Chris, loving that I am actually getting units comign to fruition now, Skinners wont be long.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks very much Neil, getting the photography right is I think making a difference.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic addition to your collection. This period is fantastic to paint, especially the Sikhs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bartek,I love how colourful it is.

      Delete
  4. Very nice indeed Roger...

    I’m looking forward to seeing the parade when your finished.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finished? I am not sure I am familiar with that concept, parades however we can do, probably worth doign one when the basing department gets all the latest stuff finished and back to me, there is soemhtign to look forward to.

      Delete
  5. All very nicely done. I particularly like the Bengal Native Light Cavalry. The caps are just right. I'm tempted to attempt a conversion in 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers OB, the colour scheme is lovely and sets the other units of, what are you thinkign of converting? Are they not available in 15mm?

      Delete
  6. Nice weblog right here! Also your site loads up fast! What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink on your host? I desire my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol. national archives civil war

    ReplyDelete