Friday 14 June 2019

Sikh Wars Column of Threes Work Bench

More comimg off the workbench for the Sikh Wars project, I think getting a game in and reading Amarpal Singhs "The Second Anglo-Sikh War" has helped keep me enthusiastic.

Not sure why but I have ended up with 3 each finished for all of the units I am working on. Not by design its just how it happened.
These Sikh regular Dragoons from Foundry are really nice, oddly though I had 10 fgures and 5 of them were trumpeters, it was suggested that I chop away the trumpet on their back and replace with a carbine so here the first three are, the middle one getting to keep his trumpet, I can use one trumpeter.
The irregular sword and spear men are nearly complete, that is I have nearly painted all I have, just three unpainted (threes again!) I like how the swordsman in green came out.
These Bengal Light Cavalry are by Iron Duke and lovely, from their Indian Mutiny range but ideal for Sikh Wars, I have a cunning plan long term to maybe use these for Mutiny Sharp Practice as well as Sikh Wars. One left to paint and its another unit finished. The horse is done so just the rider, hope to drop them off with the basing department next week sometime,
Three more British Queens line, fair way to go yet but with the other 2 thats 25% done for this unit. Again Foundry.
Govorner Generals Bodyguard, minor conversions from Perry Napoleonic British Light Dragoons, a very colourful unit. Riding Iron Duke horses I am reasonably happy with these. Initial plan is six figures for this unit and field it as a small unit, but lets see.
A late entry three more Sikh Sword and spear irregulars, Foundry again and the last ones i have apart from 4 command figures. Having said that I do have a bunch of Foundry darkest Africa Baluchi's to paint for this collection but thats another post.

Feeling like a change of painting pallet so I may do some work on a few different figures next, what to do, what to do, I will leave you guessing for now. Thanks for reading.

9 comments:

  1. Three is the magic number. Great work Roj. Ah how I miss my Sikh Wars collection. Lament. It's a fabulous, colourful conflict
    Cheers
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I can tempt you to a Brigade a side Chris?

      Delete
    2. I can't imagine I'd ever get around to painting them!

      Delete
    3. PS the conversion of the dragoon buglers works perfectly and I like the bandaged head on the GGB trooper

      Delete
    4. Cheers Chris, just need to get the other 3 finished.

      Delete