Wednesday 13 February 2019

The Not so Grande Armee

So the French and their Allies are not as far forward as the  Russians but I am looking forward to remedying that. I do however have a few things finished.

The main ones being the Poles.

Two groups for Sharp Practice, or a battalion for Black Powder. These are mainly Murowski miniatures with a couple of Perry's to make up the numbers.

Purposely making these as scruffy as possible with the odd splash of colour here and there for contrast.

Half of these are really lovely by Paul Hicks, the two Perrys figures are also very nice, some of the Murowski command figures are not quite as good but mix in OK, pretty certain these were a different sculptor. I will let you decide which ones I mean and if you agree or not.

The finished battallion look suitably scruffy I feel. I have based them less formally than the Russians again to portray their general exhaustion and deteriation of discipline.
The gun crew have kept a bit more uniformity to their gear but still look scruffy enough to fit in, these are Black Hussar Miniatures and I have another two gun crews to paint up.
I am sure that Ney is wonderiny where the rest of his Corps is, dont worry its on its way, or soem of it is. This is a lovely figure donated by Jerry Miller, thanks Jerry. I had a big space on his base so a destroyed gun seemed a good option.
Lastly is a far less untidy officer, there will be very few figures looking this good in the force thats for sure, but I had him in the lead pile and didnt want to waste him.
Chaseurs a Cheval on the painting bench along with French line infantry, sled mounted Chasseurs and command bases for the Russian Grenadiers. The project inches forward at a similar snails pace to Napoleons retreat.

Hoping to have a game tomorrow, we will be aumenting the snow based figures with "normal" figures. Post to follow.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Perhaps I will turn the heating off in Steves Cellar for tonights game to add soem atmosphere?

      Delete
  2. Do I still owe you some snow?
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha you do Chris, still fiuring basing out currently though.

      Delete
  3. Very good bases!
    Bravo for the snow!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, still working on the bases but getting there I think.

      Delete
  4. A wonderful painting and a tremendous atmosphere...Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete