Sunday 24 February 2019

1812 Workbench

Coming off the workbench are mainly French for the 1812 retreat with a few Russians too. I am over in York with the basing department this evening off to watch the Blues Brothers tribute so thought I might get soem shots before I take them over for the first stage of basing.

So firstly the Russians, these are hte first of my line infantry, two more started so a group of 8 almost complete.
I have a dozen French complete, real mix of figures, mainly these are Perry miniatures retreat from Moscow but I wanted to mix in a few more figures so I have a bunch of old Foundry French and a sprue of Warlord figures all in great coats. I like the mix.
I am using a real mix of colour schemes, I want these to look particularly scruffyand mixing the greatcoat colours and cloaks/bedding/blankets etc helps with that.
To add to the scruffy look I am also being careful to not add these in ranks onto the base.
I intend to add an officer to the base with the eagle, but still a couple more figures to finish before I have a battalion for Black Powder. One officer and one more trooper should do it.
I also finished off three command figures, the peasant with the Pistol will be a level one leader for a unit of Russian peasent skirmishers. The middle guy an officer to lead the French and the Seargent on the end a Level one for Frenhc skirmishers.
And here they all are together before I send them to York for basing.

So just a  few more to do and we can play without needing to pinch figures from Steve and Chris. A couple more French and Russians then I can make start on French Cavalry.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! 1812 in Russia is my chief area of interest, for Napoleonics. I'm trying to build armies in 6mm and 10mm. It's the painting and basing I struggle with. My wife's always saying I should work with larger models. Anyway, great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seb, for me the painting is one of the best bits so 28mm suits me allowing me to add a bit of character,

      Delete
  2. Brrr! I feel chilly jut looking at them.

    ReplyDelete