Friday 31 August 2018

Workbench 1920

Having abreak from Great Northern War for a few days. Visiting the Cruiser Aurora inspired me to work on my Russian Civil War collection. That said I have a variety of figures comign off the workbench.

OK so I know I saida break for Great Northern War but a couple of Saxon Dragoons hardly counts, this will be the next unit I work on for the GNW project, Dragoons mounted and dismounted along with horseholders, these figures put me about a third of the way through the unit.
A Polish NCO for the Retreat from Moscow Project, this project has stalled somewhat but I am sure will get going again when the weather turns in 2 or 3 months. A really nice figure I will mix in with the Murowski Poles.
Another stalled project, but always planned as long term this casualty marker is for the next unitof Bengal Infantry for the Sikh Wars project.
These Caucasian Cossacks are from the brilliant Studio Siberia range sculpted by Leonid. I have foutr already so one more gives me a unit. I am going for an irregular look with these and will use them as Odessian's mainly in personal gear with a smattering of uniform items added.I expect to have at least 6 sifferent uniforms across the 8 figures. I am slightly disapointed with these, lovely dynamic, characterful figures and I am not sure I ahve done them justice.
These two reds are a Copplestone standard bearer and a Studio Siberia rifleman.I was surprised at the size difference as it isnt the same for most figures.
The first couple of Polish foot in the new 1919 Polish uniform. This is a Studio Siberia Pole with an Adrian helmeted headfrom Woodbine miniatures, alongside a Woodbine Turk with a Studio Siberia head. Both of these ranges carry figures sculpted without heads and sell seperate heads making them ideal for the Poles.
Lastly three Polish Lancers, two are WW2 Bolt Action figures and the other is a Renegade WW1 German with a Studio Siberia head swap. I do enjoy playing around to creat the Poles.

So plenty to keep me busy, I am not far off finishing the Odessians and the Polish Lancers.

More Baltic Museums and Great Northern War units to follow next.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful minis all around, can't wait for seeing this promosong Retreat from Moscow Project...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be a while Phil, I will be adding it a bit at a time until the Great Northern War is pretty much finished, but watch this space.

      Delete
  2. Excellent figures, big plans!
    By the way Leonid has many new figures.
    http://forum.magazin-soldatikov.ru/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=71&start=700

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Every time I see new figures from Leonid I end up buying more thna I need.

      Delete
    2. Nevertheless, it is a pity that we haven't met in St. Petersburg. I would acquaint you. with Leonid.

      Delete
    3. If I come again we will definaely meet for a coffee and chat.

      Delete