Thursday 17 October 2024

A bunch of Completed Based 1919-20 Figures and Buildings to Share

With some help from Chum Steve I have a whole bunch of completed figures and units to share with you.

These figures are all based around the Partizan potential demo games either for Poland or Mongolia both 1920. Mongolia looking most likely on the basis that most of the figures required are already done.

So filling in some gaps firstly a Russian Officer from the lovely STP range carried by Studio Siberia and more recently for the boxed sets by Empress. The Cherry Cap and black band mark him as an Officer of the General Kornilov shock division. In Mongolia he will simply be an White officer.

The Russians, both red and white, have relatively few Machine Guns so I am remedying that for the game, this one is unusual as its set up on its stand rather than its wheels. This is from the Empress range of figures which is becoming quite extensive now.
This Tchana for my Kuban Cossacks is a 3d printed model ery kindly gifted by chum Chris Charlton, many thanks Chris. I really enjoyed painting this.
I think it is marketed as a WW2 peice but works well enough for me for 1920.
For the Poles I have a second squadron of the Uhlans with yellow pennants and hat bands. Sorry I am not sure what unit they are but I have the unforms from mutliplle imgaes I have found.
The first squadron are nearly all old Renegade Germans on whatever horses I could find, many Redoubt from their Zulu war range, these are a mix of renegade and Scheltum on a mix of Scheltrum and Mutineer miniatures horses, which go well with each other given they are all based on the Ebob horses. The heads are mainly Studio Siberia with a splash of Scheltrum heads.
These are in the 1919 Polish uniform but the cavalry breaches with the yellow stripe added to the collar tabs and cap band give a nice splash of colour. I have another bunch of these to do so will make an effort to translate some of my sources from Polish to let you know what regiment they are.
Also for this project I picked up a couple of bomb damaged houses at Vapnartak in York earlier this year. 
Nice 3d printed buildings equally useful for Poland or Russia, sorry no idea of the company name, it was a table full of buildings run by some nice people, if I knew I would be going back for some more.
The Paint jobs are quick and easy mainly relying on dry brushing to varying degrees.
The shell holes in various parts of the buildings are a nice touch.
Building two is slightly smaller and simpler but in some ways I like it better.
My painting was based on existing examples of cottages with white painted log walls and grey wood tiled rooves. Add to this darker patches where there is smoke damage.
Simple but effective I feel, I will get a couple more if I find the company again. I might even be able to use these for retreat from Moscow games when I get back to that old project!
These last are mainly for Mongolian game, I may try get a sneaky gun and crew and maybe the Cossack Plastoon finished too but time is against me. 

Anyway tried these with a brown background, oddly it washed out some of the images. Firstly White Russian MG.
Copplestone Back of Beyond range, fairly generic paint job so they mix in.
Another unit of Kuban Cossacks. All from the Empress range, initially Tsuba figures for the Russo Japanese War.
The horses are Ebob and came out really nice. The horses and riders are a little small so wont mix but fine by themselves.
The figures themselces are really quite lovely, typical Paul Hicks beauties.
Notice the Cherkeska coats are a mix of colours and the Gymnasterka shirts are too, with civilian white and army Khaki mixed with black and parade ground red shirts. The Cossacks provided a lot of their own gear so an opportunity to make each one a litle indvidual.
This chap on the left is probably my favourite with a blue grey Cherkeska.
So thats it for now, Thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

  1. Superb collection of figures, Roger, and the 3d houses are great too! 👍
    If I did not already have more than enough RCW troops, I would be sorely tempted to get some of the Empress ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I also have more than enough but couldnt resist adding a few more.

      Delete
    2. Maybe I should start collecting some White forces, so I can potentially play solo games with both sides available 🤔 😅

      Delete