Wednesday 16 September 2020

New Sikh Wars stuff off The Workbench

Beavering away on the Sikh Wars project still and making some decent progress. I have managed to get a few more irregulars completed and the next 4 Bengal Europeans for the skirmish screen.


The first two of these are based so I can pass these fellas across to the basing department and thats my skirmish screen for Bengal Europeans done. I intend one "tiny" unit of skirmishers per brigade in Black Powder terms thats one firing dice so they are a nuisance to the enemy and can sometimes provoke them to use up their first fire bonus early.
Simple conversion (if you can call it that) and paint job happy with the end result.
I like this Sikh irregular command base, three Foundry Sikhs and a wargames atlantic plastic afghan with a Bolt Action Sikh head swapped on, again happy with the result here and they can wing off to York for basing.

I intended a seperate picture of the irregular foot and more of the artillery but it seems I managed to get them mixed up a bit. ANYWAY....4 ranges in a row here Studio Afghan, Foundry Afghan, Foundry Sikh gunner and Perry Afghan, they all mix well as far as I am concerned so add loads of variety.
As with the above these are the latest gunners but I inadverttantly mixed in a Jezailchi with a Choora!
These guys will be used both for the Zamberuks and for two more large ornate irregular guns, the first being this Victorious miniatures tiger head gun. Not quite as nice as the Indus one I think but still nice, although chum Chris laughing says it looks more like TinTins dog snowie than a Tiger! I cant complain he bought me it, thanks Chris!
These three could all be used for the foot units but only the middle one will be, all Foundry, the armoured guy will be spurring on one of the big gun crews and the pointing figure will help crew a camel gun.
These guys will all crew the two big guns, two more gunners and the second gun will see that complete, then I just need to paint the rest of the camels!
Hope you like it, the resemblance to snowie on the gun muzzle in this picture is remarkable, oh dear not what the sculptor enivsaged I am sure.

12 comments: