Sunday 25 August 2024

More Poles

With a third unit of foot painted I have also started to mix in some horse and guns. Still lots to do so good to make a start here.

These two Uhlans in the 1919 uniform are the start of a second squadron for an already existing unit of Poles. Just enough colour with the touches of yellow. The riders are, I believe, old Renegade WW1 Germans with Studio Siberia heads on Mutineer miniatures horses. I am not a fan of the renegade horses particularly but may use the odd one.

This horseman kicks off my second unit of Legion cavalry. The Trooper is Studio miniatures, not sure where his fine mount is from.
This gun crew are in French Uniforms, part of Hallers "Blue Army" and will get a suitable French gun shortly, probably a French 75mm.
Next up an officer in French Horizon Blue to lead more of the French Uniformed Poles. This one I like and may be my second battalion commander.
I have also started the German Uniformed Poles, a few different images and conflicting uniform plates but the majority agree on a greenish/grey jacket with some red piping and red and white collar tabs. I have settled on this uniform, I have left some figures with German caps but will add more with Polish square topped caps. I have gone with different ammounts of piping on different figures and given some Polish arm bands and not others to keep them a bit of a mix.
There are a mix of manufacturers, these 4 are Renegade and I have enough of these to make a pretty complete battalion, I will just need to add officers.
These are Great War and probably my favourites, I have quite a few command figures so some these will be mixed into the Renegade figures and others used as artillery spotters, enough of the line troops for the better part of a battalion. 
These last three are, left to right, battle honours, Artizan officer and a Copplestone White Russian with a German head.
I am adding photos into this post as I finish figures, a bunch more the Poles in German Uniform here again a mix of Renegade and Great War.
The left two riflemen are Renegade whilst the sub machine gunner and right hand figure are Great War.
These command figures are all Great War, the chap in the great coat, slightly out of focus, will be a battalion commander.
And a bunch more Kingdom of Poland Poles in German uniforms. Getting me reasonably close to a battalion of these painted, including some Plastic troops.
Of the four Great War Miniatures I like the officer in glasses best.
4 of these 5 Renegade figures have head swaps, the left is a Scheltrum Polish cap the other three Studio Siberia which I prefer. I could do with more of these but I dont have huge numbers of them left.
Lastly two plastic Wargames Atlantic plastic figures, I bought a sprue of these, you can see on the left hand figure my modelling is not great but these are quite lovely figures if slightly brittle so will mix in well. 
Lots more to do but good progress and wont be long before we can get these on table.

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Lots of great additions there Roger...I always thought it was a shame Renegade disappeared from the market, they were nice figures, reasonably priced...and they look great as 1920 Poles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very interesting conversion work. The Poles are such an interesting story at this point in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes they certainly are interesting.

      Delete
  3. A lovely force well on the way 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mayy, hopefully jae these finished soon.

      Delete
  4. Your collection is expanding rapidly. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete