Friday 26 June 2020

Polish Pancerni for the Deluge

With the easing of lockdown the basing department paid us a visit and had some goodies for me which I immediately started to photo for you good people.

The first unit to share are these Pancerni for the Deluge, they can of course also be used for my Great Northern War collection which is nice.

As the weather was nice I chose to take the pictures outside, they came out OK.
Most of this unit have been given red shields with brass fittings, a popular addition for Pancerni and a colour scheme which most seemed to use.

Figures are a mix of TAG and Redoubt with one Foundry and one Essex figure mixed in and a mix of horses too. I think they all go together quite well.


These were the first unit with some nail art on the blankets and I hand painted soem basic patterns on a couple too. The officer has a basic pattern which came out OK.
This end horse has a strip of diamonds run across the blanket which I like.
Whilst its difficult to pick out the design on this yellow blanket is really nice. But only from close up.

The other unit is on its way for basing and that will be all the Pancerni I plan completed, having anything completed is a bit of a novelty to be honest.

Nice to be making progress.

9 comments:

  1. They look top, mate. I have my Maharaja's elephant now so need to consider my nail art. I look forward to commanding these fine fellows :-) Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris, excited to se the elephant.

      Delete
  2. They turned out well, and the yellow blanket pattern is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, one of the next lot I think looks even better, many thanks to Paul Robinson for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very nice. Blankets are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A handsome unit Roger. Top work on the blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your GNW stuff is some of my all time favourite for the period which just started in, on the Danish side (for WSS use too). Are you in NW? Manchester based for a while but not gamed for years as was overseas

    ReplyDelete