Monday 25 July 2016

Swedish Regiment Kronoberg

The basing department has set off for a 3 week tour of Europe, but managed to finish a few bits for me before hitching her ruck sack and catching the plane.
 
First item is the Kronoberg regiment for my Great Northern War Swedes. This takes me to 6 battalions finished so I must get around to photographing them all together.
 
 
Kronoberg had the classic Swedish Blue faced yellow and white trimmed Tricornes but with blue leggings. I have modelled the end grenadier with one of Ebors bandaged heads to add a bit more character. Of the 18 figures 3 are Wargames Foundry and the rest are all Ebor Miniatures
 





I have included a couple of shots to show the depth of the basing and how the formation works on the deep bases. I have been kept going through this by Peter Englund's "Poltava" which I have to say is an excellent read if you get the chance. Going into the minutia as it does of the battle and individual officers and mens experience of it. Fascinating.

So I have some Saxon Artillery to follow and hopefully a parade before I too swan off on holiday.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. Cheers Jim much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to seeing the 6 battalions together (I'm still only half way to 6)

    I am waiting for 18 cav from warfare that will become saxons. Half in floppy hats and half tricorne to show the slow change from floppy to tricorne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about my dodgy reply. Cant wait to see your Saxons Truls. I am tempted to do something similar myself, mixing 2 floppy hats into each 9 man unit. Whilst I have 6 battalions yours are bigger than mine!

      Delete
  3. I KNEW YOU WOULD GET sAXONS tRULS, LOOK FORWARD TO SEEIGN THEM!

    ReplyDelete