Thursday 21 January 2021

British High Command for the Sikh Wars

 I have had a couple of these figures for a very long time with a view to producing a high command base. Speaking to chum Jerry some time ago he donated a couple of very nice trees to the vignette and they whole lot sat in a drawer for a very long time, I picked another pack of figures up to add to the base and they sat in a different drawer for a bit and finally I have gotten around to finishing them. I am pretty happy with the end result.

A perfect subject for my lightbox I decided to add some extra light externally and try some different coloured back grounds too, overall mixed results but the extra light seems to have helped a bit.

The first two figures I had were from the Foundry Crimean Range, no doubt one of them is Raglan, the second two from the Perry's Carlist War range of British Legion, the time frame is right and the uniforms a good match. I added a little green stuff to the bases of the old Foundry figures as they are  a lot smaller.
I like to imagine a little argument between our commanders about which map is the bets one and where the enemy are, a bemused brigadier pointing at the line of entrenchments with red coated Sikhs lining them whilst a confused elderly general tries to figure out where he will find a line of blue coated French men to fight, surely those redcoats are on our side dear fellow.
The bits of jungle really set this off so thanks very much Jerry, I have used them at last and they look great.




As mentioned I tried a couple of different backgrounds to see how it looked, this yellow is more sandy before it goes in the box so I thought it might work for India, has come out OK but not sure it adds anything to white.
The green I think adds even less than the yellow, I will try this however again with a different basing colour.
The Black is just weird, oddly it washed the figures out like they were in bright sunshine, I switched the external bulb off and this helped slighty but even so not pleased with the outcome on this one, I may try again with just external light and no internal before deciding.
So rather than finish on a low here is one of the white background pictures again.
I hope you like this little vignette, I have enjoyed putting it together, I even based it myself with travel to the basing department being difficult in lock down.

See you again soon, stay safe.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. Starting to think about what A Sikh one might look like.

      Delete
  2. Great figures and painting - I like the white or pale blue lighting effects best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks veyr much, I will try a few more with the blue before I settle.

      Delete
  3. Just fab Roj. I look forward to the British royally screwing it up under these donkeys. I seem to have settled on the white insert for my light box too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes an argument for reducing the command rating right there, cheers Chris.

      Delete
  4. Very nice indeed. I like the trees too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks OB me too, need to find out where Jerry got them.

      Delete
  5. A lovely looking command stand Roger.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamilnadu Board has released the TN Board 10th syllabus on its official website. Students preparing for the exams must go through the complete Tamilnadu 10th syllabus 2021 that mentions the chapters and topics to be covered while preparing. Tamil Nadu SSLC Syllabus 2021-2022 Students can divide the TN 10th Syllabus 2021 into parts for better preparation of the exams. They must also go through the Tamil Nadu 10th Exam Pattern to know the marking scheme and the type of questions that are generally asked in the examinations.

    ReplyDelete