Tuesday 30 June 2020

More from the Basing Department

A  bunch more figures back from the basing department to share with you, mostly for the Sikh Wars with some White Russians.

Firstly are two Indian porters to add to my small baggage train, I want this to be quite large eventually as the centre peice for a couple of games.

I have a heck of a lot of Sikh artillery, but then they did like their guns, here is another line artillery peice with Wargames Foundry gunners.
The gun is I think a Prussian Napoleonic piece with split trail. The Sikhs had lots of different peices of artillery, much of it quite heavy and they used it well. Still got a few more f these to do.
More Sikhs, these guys are the first base of my next regiment, two Foundry and two Old Glory sepoys. Thye mix well together an I quite like this blue and red mix of colours.
The return of these has given me a kick to make some more progress with the rest of the battalion so hopefully an update on those soon.
The White Russians I only painted a couple of weeks ago and they are complete already. These are to flesh out a new unit. Originally I built my Russian Civil War forces based on units of 12, however moving toTriumph of the Will has meant I have moved many of these to 8 man units with four left over.
So united with the other 4 figures here is the complete unit.Nice and ragged with a touch of colour in the caps and shoulder boards.

And finally a shot with the original unit so giving me 2 units of 8. The Russian Civil War collection is very near to complete now, just some odds and sods to follow including a Tachanka, more on that later.
The basing department now has a couple of other bits to be getting on with and I have started on some more figures for the Sikh Wars I will share with you soon.

Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice additions Roger. I sold my RCW stuff years ago to a guy in Phoenix Arizona and now wish I hadn't, well a little anyway. Might habe a few more spare unwanted and unnecessary SW figures for you if you're interested. Now get back to painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always interested Colin thank you, RCW is a really interesting period, I do love it.

      Delete
  2. Ragged whites, very much how I see them too, thanks for the kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's behind the change in basing? 4 bases of 2 instead of 3-2-3. I'm basing 8 Chinese as 3-2-3. Appreciate that frontage doesn't matter. Cheers Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working with the basing I have Chris, I had two twos left over so it really needed another two twos or it would have to be a 7 or 9 unit.

    ReplyDelete