Monday 8 June 2020

A Butterfly Workbench

 Been busy letting the butterfly free over the last week, just enjoying painting. A fairly eclectic mix of figures for various rojects and collections. Still its keeping me sane.

A bunch more Cossacks to kick things off, all Old Glory and not bad figures these ones. The first has a random head which looks a bit Hungarian I addedd along with the additional sword arm, the second was holding a spde but I thought a pike might be more useful so swapped it over, the third is just as he comes with a fine set of moustaches.
This Redoubt Pancerni has no nail art but I really like this "Polish Crimson" I picked up from Colour Party Paints so I dont think it needs any. I dont normally go in for garish colours but the Poles and the Sikh Nobles lend themselves to soem colour so happy to make an exception in this case. Another three of these guys and I have two units to pass to the basing department, lockdown easing will mean I can actually meet her and social distance from Monday.
Another Government Musketeer for 1745, these are lovely figures by Flags of War, very slow and steady progress but that will pick up when I get a bit further along with other projects. Really pleased with the red in particular.
Two more Company Sepoys for the Sikh Wars, both Foundry from the old and newer ranges, sill nice sculpts. Only takes me to 3 for this unit but again the pace can pick up later, for now happy to have  a couple more completed.

A post would hardly be complete without a Pole or two somewhere, this one is a Volunteer from 1920 to fight the reds, a Studio Siberia figure, I have a few of these to paint.
Lastly a bunch of White Russians. These guys will finish off a unit of rifles. Some artistic licence has been taken with the uniforms, the cap based on parade caps for a rifle regiment to add a splash of colour. Sorry I know it annoys the purists. Two Copplestone (Left) and two Studio Siberia figures (Right) by Leonid. They fit together really well.
These guys bring my Russian Civil War collection close to completion although I will no doubt be enthused by something and get some more at some point, probably Cossack's, you can never have enough Cossack's!
My workbench looks just as eclectic with more 1745 troops, Pancerni and Sikhs. But it all helps taking each of the projects a step closer.

Thanks for reading, stay safe.

8 comments:

  1. Almost a cross section of everything you're currently working on? Nice work Roj. I'm beginning to get impatient about playing with you and the rest of the mob. There's only so much playing with myself that I can take... :-P cheers Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, looking forward t a game at some point, randomly painting whatever I fancy as it doesnt feel like I need to focus on anythign right now other than painting to relax.

      Delete
  2. What a selection of periods! Splendid paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bartek, next one will be a bit more focused.

      Delete
  3. Quite a selection and all nicely painted

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice variety of toys Roger...
    There is certainly nothing wrong with butterflying around for a while...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly, I will no doubt settle back again on one of my main projects for a bit when some of the units near completion through the random chaos of current painting schedule.

      Delete