Friday 7 February 2020

Skirmishers and Camels

I decided I wanted a unit of skirmishers for each brigade in the Sikh Wars project. Just six figures that will get a single dice in firing.

I already have one unit of Gurkhas and so the next was the remaining 6 Sepoys in Dhotti. These are all Iron Duke miniatures, one with a head swap as he had a skull cap. Picked up from chum Jerry they had their bayonets knocked off (common for these lovely figures as the bayonets are a little fragile) but I decided that worked well for skirmishers.
These guys are the 16th Bengal Native Infantry, Buff facings and the full battalion is painted and just awaiting basing before joining their skirmishers.
Again these are based by me whilst the Basing department catches up. To be honest I could do with her being back at it so I can get a bit more painting done. But she is shattered bless her.

A pair of Camels, sorry I forget the manufacturer but picked up from ebay. These guys will add to my growing baggage train which is I feel a must for armies in India.



The first two Bengal Europeans or 1st Bengal European Light Infantry to give their full name. A skirmish screen of these is on the way before I then do a full battalion. Foundry Opium Wars figures. These are quite small but I really do like these still.

Lastly a handful more of the excellent Empress Afghans for the third Angl-Afghan War 1919, more modern weapons than the earlier figures I have been painting and I have made their clothing slightly more drab too.

More figures on the way as I work my way through the basing.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful troops, love the camels and these awesome Afghans ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete