Thursday 13 July 2023

And some more Irish

I have the bit between my teeth somewhat with this project just now.

I am enjoying painting these and they are relatively simple. Mainly Irish this time. The lovely walled farm is by Hudsen and Allen.

A mix of manufacturers for these Kern, left to right we have a lovely Antideluvian archer with a very tall helmet, then a Wargames Atlantic Kern with dart with a slightly different shade of tunic and a dodgy mohican haircut, last is the first of Flags of War Kern, lovely figure this.
Antideluvian Miniatures Scottish archers, these will make a great rear rank for my Gallowglass units I think.
These are the three Gallowglass by Flags of War and are really lovely dynamic sculpts. I particularly like the guy on the right with his massive two handed sword.
These chaps were a present and great find by Chris Charlton. D'arlo figures reiver range by Colonel Bills, nice chunky figures these are garrison billmen, perfect for Ireland. Impressed with these I may pick up some longbowmen.
To command my Darlo Billmen, Darlo command! I do like this pack of figures.

I imagine you will see more of these completed very soon and a game in the not too distant future.

12 comments:

  1. Nic work again Riger. I have a decent sized collection of Reiver figures fir skirmish games and it includes some D'Arlo figures in the mix, along with Hoka Hey miniatures and a pile of TAG too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brill so you just need some Kern..........

      Delete
    2. Jeez, I obviously have an issue hitting the "I" when I am aiming for the "o"!

      Delete
    3. We all knew what you meant

      Delete
  2. Saffron-tastic Roj. Lovely additions. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new additions Roger…
    The Flags of War figures are particularly nice…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Aly, few more of those to do watch this space

      Delete
  4. Nice to see the FoW figures fit in so well :) and the English are really nice looking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paddy, last of the painted Irish for now, basing and gaming to look at.

      Delete