Sunday 17 October 2021

More 40mm Napoleonic Peninsular 60th Rifles

I have made a bit more progress with this side project, giving myself a break from all of that painting for India which I will no doubt return to shortly.

If anything I am happier with this second batch than the first and enjoying my painting.

You can see I have picked up a couple of extra figures so its not all standing and kneeling firing and the spread of trouser colours is a little broader. Still need a few more to mix in.

This loading chap is very nice and one of the extra figures I picked up, I particularly like this brown/grey colour. Grey was common for these troops I understand so a variety of shades should look good.
Rifleman Harris, listed by Perrys as the company cobbler, this pack makes for an interesting addition with the boots and cooking pot. I have stuck with the traditional blue/grey for this figure.
For the bugler I am back to the brown/grey works really well this one I think, best not to over use it though?
I still have lots of standing firing to do, this one has got more standard mid grey trousers, look good I think.
Lastly the officer, I wasn't keen on this one until I started painting it then fell in love with it a bit. I have given him leather lined green French Dragoon overalls, robbed from a dead Frenchman no doubt, much like Sharpe. A lovely leader for my rifles.
I am already on with the next couple which will give me two units of 6 and a leader for each. 

Happy with that progress, I really must do some French and Spanish too!


12 comments:

  1. These fellows look lovely Roger…
    Surprisingly colourful… and full of character.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly, they are a favourite of mine and paint up really simply, ot like those pesky french with all the tiny piping grrr.....

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Neil, hoping for this to be a small but veyr nice collection, trying to redce the number of corners cut n quite nice.

      Delete
  3. Nice figures and a good scale for skirmish games 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff mate. What’s with the officer’s shako? Different to rank n file

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little shorter and no plume but other than that imilar.

      Delete
    2. And probably better quality than R&F ;-)

      Delete
  5. What you need is a Sweet William figure. But they look great all the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Paul, I will keep lookign for one!

      Delete