Saturday 9 October 2021

Further Progress with Sikhs and Baluchi's

 So as the game at Partizan draws near I am working hard to finish off a few units. This latest lot will help me to finish off three-ish.

It makes sense to focus on part painted units and gives me a reason to crack on with the wider project. Sikh cavalry first, all Foundry figures with Foundry horses except the Officer who has a Riders of Rohan horse. I do need to make  adecision here, added to two comign back from the basing department and four in my painted box thats a unit but with two officers. I dont have anymore light horse but I could maybe drop a mounted Akali in and have the other officer as a seperate command figure.

So the four Sowars glued to bases to be finished, the command base still be decided on.
The reduced pallette is again in evidence here, this time with brighter splashes of colour for Turbans and shashes. The searmen help me finish off a balde armed unit. I still need a few more with Muskets for another unit. All Wargames Foundry Sikh Wars figures.
I have soem particular favourite colours amongst this lot now, I probably need to add a little variety again.
Here are two blade armed bases to add to the three already based up and rady. Mainly Wargmaes Foundry with a plastic Perry Afghan on the front left with a Sikh head.
These two Baluchi will finish off another blade armed unit good for either the Sikhs or the Bahawalpur contingent. Same Pallete as the spearmen, not a greta photo sorry.
These guys are from the Foundry Darkets Africa range. Lovely characterful miniatures.
Below the whole unit glued to bases, I have started adding the base media to the command base already. Conscious that even if I get all the figures I want painted they will all still need basing!
Lastly Baluchi Matchlock men, donated by Freind Chris Charlton, cheers Chris, a limited and muted pallette to mix in with the ones I already have.
Mixed in with a couple I already had in the painted box they look really nice.
Here they are with the two bases I have already started, these should be completed in time for the forthcomign game.

Thats it for now, the basing department is bringing some goodies home on Friday and I should be able to share those before the game.

Until then stay safe folks.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent brushwork Roger. Love the muted pallet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I am happy with the range of colours now.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Roj. It’s going to look terrific at Partizan 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work Sir! Thank you for sharing Sir.

    ReplyDelete