Monday 14 October 2019

A Couple More Buildings

I got around to the last two of my Hudson and Allan buildings, using the same method as the Inn.

A small village house and a slightly more substantial building.

I went for the soft amber colour I used on the Inn, I like this, its a rich colour and think it brings the buildings to life.
This first small house is one of my favourites of the whole set, I really like all the details in the woodwork and windows. Lots of character.
Again I used natural sunlight on a bright sunny day to picture them, we don't get it that often in the grim north so taking full advantage.

I have to be honest that this slightly bigger building I don't like quite as much, I think it has a little  less character than the first one.
I have painted the roof a brown to represent wooden roof tiles rather than slate.
The moulding around the door frame is a Little poor, perhaps this is just an old mould now, it doesn't spoil the model but is noticeable. I suppose if I had worked a bit harder on it I could have repaired it but I don't think it looks too bad.
My favourite part of the second building is the chimney as I think the stone work came out quite well.
That's all the Hudson and Allan buildings I have so far but I am keen to get some of the highland stone crofts, these will be ideal for the Border Reivers, the Elizabethan Irish and my forthcoming new project for 2020.

Thanks for reading see you all soon.

21 comments:

  1. Got another here you can paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look good, I really like the Colours you´ve used,but I also find the first one has more character. Maybe it´s down to the second house having tiles rather than thatch ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly part of it Paul yes, the first one also has a little more detail. Looking forward to having a go at their highland crofts.

      Delete
  3. A1. I love the soft amber for the walls
    Cheers
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris, I am happy wiht that colour.

      Delete
  4. A splendid paint job...
    What’s not to like about Hudson and Allan buildings...

    I wish there was a supplier in the U.K.


    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if there was I am sure I would just end up buying stacks more of their stuff. Cheers Aly.

      Delete
  5. Very nice. I love the yellow daub.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very natural and historically painted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice pieces. Like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Roger,
    Completely off topic but do you know anything about Ebor Miniatures going completely dark. Website not working, no email response. Are they still operating? Being NZ a bit hard to check on this.
    Thanks
    Glen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Glen, no I didnt, Nick has always been very poor on the technical and business side of things, I tried contacting him a few times myself and then gave up. He did always answer the phone though, have you tried giving him a buzz? Appreciate that might be costly, I can perhaps ring him and check if you cant get hold at all?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Roger,
    Yes I did try ringing yesterday without any answer. Would like to place an order but unable to make any contact at all. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ��
    Thanks
    Glen

    ReplyDelete