Monday 26 August 2019

Another unit of Polish Pancerni

With the big game looming I had given myself the impossible task of painting loads of extra figures for the game. Poles, Swedes, Saxons and even a Russian Gun and crew.

Undetered by how big a job I had set (I wrote them into the army list so I really did need to get them done) I cracked on hoping for the best.


The first unit over the line and arguably the one I needed to get done first anyway were this unit of Polish Pancerni.

Two thirds of the Polish forces were Pancerni by this stage of history so this was a good addition, The Poles may not have performed well during the Great Northern War, with divided loyalties and a certain war weariness but they fought in large numbers so we really need lots of them on table.


The figures are a mix of manufacturers, four Pancerni and a standard bearer from Redoubt with a trumpeter and officer from TAG and the kettle drummer from Foundry.
The Horses are an even bigger mix, Warlord plastic, Redoubt, Gripping beast, TAG and others.

I am reasonably happy with how these came out, so that just leaves me with 2 more generals, a Russian gun and crew, a Swedish Horse, Swedish Foot, Saxon Foot and Polish Dragoon regiment to paint and base. Easy!

Check back in to see how I get on.

9 comments:

  1. I love the Pancerni. Great work prepping for this game, mate
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will they end up fighting Dave's Ottomans at some point?

      Delete
    2. Spoke to him about exactly that this morning so at some oint that is likely yeah.

      Delete
  2. A nice looking unit and very useful as I'm about to start a Polish army and am looking to get some Pancerni. I hadn't considered Redoubt up to this point, but they look as if they fit in alright with TAG and Foundry. How have you found mixing those three ranges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are a great fit and the Pancerni in the Redoubt range I think are the nicest figures they do. Not sure if they are over the issues with orderign they had last year but hopefully, the Foundry are really nice too I just needed to swap the horses around as they are quite a bit smaller.

      Delete
  3. Thse are very nice paint jobs and your planned game sounds like a winner. What rules will you be using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are using very heavily amended Black Powder (very heavily) the game played really well, a big write up so may be a week or so before I put it up. There are detaisl of the rule amends we have sused in earlier after action reports.

      Delete