Saturday 22 September 2018

An Irish Workbench

As a minor break from Great Northern War I decided to paint a few of my Elizabethans for Ireland. First though I painted a test figure for a 1690 potential project a couple of us are discussing. I know yet another project. However I hope to be able to makde a couple of units in redcoats I can use as either Jcobite/Williamite or Saxon for Great Northern War, and I dont want many.

So heres the test figure, a cavalry officer from Warfare painted as a Brigadier, with the exception of the red sash he could easily also be a Saxon brigadier. More notes on this potential project another time perhaps.

As I am painting Elizabethans I have taken the opportunity to finish off some figures I was painting for wargaming freind Andy. These are Graven Images border reivers which are also ideal for Ireland. The first lot are a batch of 6 casualties.
The Reivers themselves are a very characterful bunch and look the hard crew they are supposed to. The border horse fought in Ireland and Holland so are really useful.
Each figure has a dismounted version which I have matched up in terms of colour schemes, hope Andy likes them.
It made sense at the same time to crack on with a few of my own Elizabethans, they are takign shape now and I have a fair number, the Irish though are sadly lagging behind.
I do however have another 4 Irish to add to the mix, slowly but surely creeping towards enough to game with.

The basing department popped home this weekend so these have all now gone off to York toi be finished, hoefully give you a view of the finished article next week.

2 comments: