Monday 19 February 2018

El Cid Berber Light Cavalry

The last of the units back from the basing department are Berber light cavalry.

These are a really useful addition as both the Andalusian Taifia Kingdoms and the Christians used them as mercenaries, but they also made up the bulk of Ben Yusuf's Almoravid Cavalry too.
Mix of manufacturers here, I have a command pack of Artizan, teo Black Tree arabs and a Gripping beast figure, all fit together quite well although I have used all Gripping Beast light ponies to tie them together size wise.

I particularly like the Officer and standard bearer, I have again used the generic Berber colour pallet and added the striped robe the mountain tribe soften wore for the standard bearer.
These guys make up the bulk of our El Cid Moorish Cavalry so will have to work hard and get lucky to make a dent in the Christian Armoured Knights.

Write up for the game to follow soon.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent to see good and continued progress. I have both Gripping Beast metal cavalry and Artizan Designs and I think my preference is for the AD- I find them easier to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally I like the mix of figures in a unit, this particular pack of Artizan though are really nice indeed Codsticker.

      Delete
  2. Excellent unit. Nice to see different manufacturers mixed together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Neil, I am really enjoying mixing manufacturers in many of my projects, for some reason it works particularly well with El Cid.

      Delete