Saturday 29 July 2017

Sikh Khalsa regulars

The next unit from the basing department is a battalion of Sikh regulars. The regular army was know as the Khalsa. I have taken the colours from a number of sources and although not a specific regiment I am sure they are correct. I am pairing battalions up in colours and facings as I believe they used the french pattern of two battalions to a regiment and two regiments to a brigade.


 The Sikhs had a well deserved reputation as tough disciplined regulars trained by napoleonic french officers the battles were all close run and hard fought. Oddly it was in close combat , where they suffered due to a desire to drop the musket and bayonet and get stuck in with their tulwar swords.


I dont have firm plans but eventually a division of 12 battalions of Khalsa would be nice.

Thats it for now, see you after my jolly to seville.

No comments:

Post a Comment