Saturday 18 March 2017

More Great Northern War Poles

Hi, quick workbench update so you all know I am still here.


Work progresses very slowly as my stomach is slowly recovering, meanwhile the basing department is in the middle of her dissertation so unavailable for the next 2 weeks, At that point expect a  flurry of posts as we have a couple of units that will be finished and based , I may have some photo's from Krakow and we have a second GNW game booked.


For now though Polish cavalry.


I picked up some Redoubt Winged Hussars some time ago and finally decided to paint them, there were not quite enough for a unit so I decided to get a couple more along with a unit of Pancenri.


The Pancerni in particular I am really pleased with and below are the results of the first few.

 

The last figure shows the first of the redoubt winged hussars, not as nice as the Warlord ones I feel but still a nice figure.
I hope to have a unit of each of these complete for my game along with a unit of light cavalry to make a second Brigade of Poles, these will then be finished off with a unit of Polish Dragoons when Ebor have these figures finished in the near future.


That's it for now, quick update see you all again soon.

6 comments:

  1. A great looking cavalry, well done...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, really pleased with these Redoubt Pencerni.

      Delete
  2. Great progress. Look forward to seeing the completed units

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow progress Neil, but at least its progress.

      Delete
  3. I'm a little surprised by that Redoubt figure. my experience has been that redoubt tend to "heroic" in proportions but that figure looks nicely sculpted. Either that or your excellent paintwork hides the flaws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul, I agree not been a particular fan of redoubt, however having picked up the Winged Hussars before the Warlord ones were released I decided to finish them and then picked up the Pancerni to go with. Very pleasantly surprised, just finished the other 4 Pancerni and 2 more Hussars. they will not look too out of place to be honest.

      Delete