Tuesday 3 August 2021

Sikh Regulars Based

 With the basing department busy I have been reduced to basing my own figures (shocking I know) The first unit to recieve the treatment is a unit of Sikh reulars along with a British command figure.

This command figure is an Empress Indian Mutiny figure. Lovely figure and horse.


I particularly like this horse although I have not made the best of jobs of it. The basing will do!
You will probably already know that I am doing two battallions per regiment, brigaded together so each Brigade has 2 lots of matching battalions. The first battalion for these guys is already done and is the unit I painted many years ago, sold to chum Chris who eventually sold it on himself and I discovered for sale on Ebay. More detail in an earlier post.
The figures are all Wargames Foundry and the flag is by Flags of War but only available from Studio Miniatures.
I like the white against the red with these guys, I hate painting lots of white but I cant deny that it works on these guys.
I think that the Foundry Sikhs are still the best available currently despite their age, I am however interested to see what Iron Duke do with the Punjab part of their GAPS range, the figures so far being fantastic.
The units are all 5 bases of 4 figures, 20 man units look just right to me in terms of size and it helps my sense of asthetic that the flag is actually in the middle.

I have another unit over in York waiting to be based which will give me 8 completed so 2 full brigades. As there were only 10 battalions of regulars at Chilianwalla where the British were so bloodily replused I wont need very many more. 
Overall quite pleased with tis unit.

Thats it for now, perhaps some more based figures to follow, or Baluchi and Bengal Europeans, lets see.

Until then stay safe.

13 comments:

  1. A splendid addition to your forces. Foundry figures may be getting on a bit but they still hold their own for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldnt agree more David, lighgtly small now but they have aged so well.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking unit. I totally understand your antipathy to lots of white on red, but they do always look magnificent when done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Roj. I love the Foundry Sikh Wars range

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A classic I think, but then they did so many classics.

      Delete